CHAT-700 E. Brainerd, TN
Status: On-Line (2012-11-03 Returned to Service)
CHAT-700 was recently repaired to correct a fault in an antenna connector. Watch the videos of the repairs.
Open to all transient users. Permission required for local and regular users.
Reported Areas of Good Coverage
East Brainerd area, Graysville, GA, Ringgold, GA, Hamilton Place Mall, Gunbarrel Road, East Ridge, Signal Mountain Brow, Highway 153 area, Bonny Oaks, Chattanooga Airport (Lovell Field), Collegedale
Location: East Brainerd area (Click map to enlarge.)
- Repeater: Kenwood TKR-850
- Repeater Antenna: Andrew DB-408 / vertically-polarized / 6.6 dBd gain / 8.7 dBi gain / 50 ohm
- Feedline: Heliax LDF5 - 7/8 inch
- Site ASL Elevation: 927 feet
- Tower Height: 50 feet / 60 feet at top of antenna
- Frequency: 462/467.700 mHz
- PL/DPL Tone: 88.5 Hz
- Repeater Radio Output: 28 watts at radio output to antenna cable
- Effective Isotropic Radiated Power (EIRP): 296.524 watts at antenna
- Effective Radiated Power (ERP): 180.807 watts at antenna
- Measured Power Consumption*: 32 watts standby / 173 watts on transmit
- System Type: Permission Required
Owned by: Gary S. Ownsby / WQOF749 / Chat 40 / Amateur Radio Call Sign AK4ZX (Extra)
The Chat-700 Repeater Site also has a Panasonic weather webcam. This webcam operates only during daylight hours:
Note: To view the webcam, your browser may prompt you to install a small, safe browser add-on. This is perfectly normal for this type of webcam. The webcam looks toward Lookout Mountain from the East Brainerd area.
Chat-700 is also home to a Davis Vantage VUE Weatherstation which provides weather data to ScenicCityWeather.com (local weather, traffic cams & weather webcam), the National Weather Service, Citizens Weather Observer Program and other weather data collection systems.
*measured with a Kill-A-Watt meter.